CARNEL Collection: Volume One
I wanted to be a great artist
but all I turned out to be was a fraud.
- Terror Techniques
- 25 ways of making horror scenarios more scary
- Magical Items
- Three items: the Mirror of Retention, the Ring of Eyes and the Cloak of Mists. Each one with an in-character history and a metagame discussion of the ideas behind the items and what purpose they might serve in a game. Hopefully a good balance between "crunch" and "fluff".
- Discussion of the game Kult, the Cabala, horror games and creating a freeform Kult system.
- The Irish Rose/The New World Rose
- Two Chantries for Mage with a linked history
- Point based Traveller PC creation
- A quick and easy system for creating PCs for Classic and Megatraveller
- Silent Waters
- A gothic scenario about a series of murders on a canal, suitable for D&D or WFRP
- The Morning After
- An Over The Edge scenario featuring six housemates, an alien infestation, men in black, too many drugs and a corpse in Eve's bed.
- Includes reviews of Phase World, the Cerebus World Tour book, Barsaive, Ravenloft scenario Hour of the Knife and the CoC London sourcebook
- The Memoirs of Brigader George McCarthy
- A Cthulhu short story/game write up
- Letter pages
- The letter columns
Follow this link to find out how to buy the collection.
- First: 30 copies; slide bound; spray painted cover